Pam Christie and Mark Hitchcock are the principals of the company and have lived in Papua New Guinea based in Port Moresby since 1990, this gives them a wide knowledge and understanding of local conditions, customs and traditions.
PNG Trekking Adventures (PNGTA) is an inbound licensed tourism company. All PNG operators and overseas operators working in Papua New Guinea must be compliant and have the following:
The overseas guides must have a PNG Work Permit to work in PNG
All overseas & local companies must be IPA (Investment Promotion Authority) registered in PNG.
- Must be members of the Tourism Industry Association
Buyer beware, your insurance may not be valid if the company you are booking with cannot verify above.
PNGTA approaches adventures in PNG on a personal level, focusing on the individual experience for our guests. Treks and Cultural Tours are limited to ten – 15 people so you enjoy a more exclusive journey where you are an individual and not just part of a large group. The exception to this is if it is a corporate/club or group of family or friends then we do not limit the numbers. Our focus is on active adventure travel, getting out there and experiencing the “Land of the Unexpected” and most importantly of all having fun.
Our treks suit active open minded people of all ages who have a flexible approach to travel. None of our treks are marathon events, they are rewarding holidays. Of course, as with all outdoor activities, the fitter you are and the more you take your time, the more you will enjoy the experience.
PNGTA works to provide villagers with the ability to implement sustainable developement, eco tourism projects and training. Our commitment is ongoing within these villages working with the PNG Government, NGO’s, High Commissions and coporate business.
PNG Trekking Adventures are members of:
- Licensed Kokoda Track Authority (KTA)
- Member of Tourism Industry Association PNG (TIAPNG)
- Member South Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO)
- Member of Surfing Association of Papua New Guinea. (SAPNG & IMPP)
- Member of Tourism Operators Association PNG (TOAPNG)
PNG Trekking Adventures Sustainable Projects
- “Crumbs along Kokoda” sponsored by PNG Trekking Adventures and BNG Trading Co Ltd (Supplying baking ovens and training on Kokoda so villagers can sell bread and biscuits to trekkers and promoting micro business).
- The Dave Cavell School Port Moresby sponsored by PNG Trekking Adventures, Victorian Police Force
- The Isurava Community School sponsored by PNG Trekking Adventures, Geelong Victorian Police Force
- The Menari Health Centre sponsored by PNG Trekking Adventures, Wyndham Victorian Police Force
- Partner in www.villagehuts.com website, enabling all the grass roots village guesthouses to market their tours and guesthouses to the world onlin